Cleansing Oil is a skincare product used to cleanse the face and body through the oil cleansing method. It is considered a multi-purpose face wash that you can use to remove makeup, excess oil, and surface debris whilealso hydrating the skin complexion. Oil Cleansing is the first step in the 10 Step Korean Skincare Routine, however this cleansing method works as a lipophilic solvent which differs from a face oil and cleansing balm by being attracted to dissolving sebum oil and other impurities our skin's glands produce. In addition, you can use cleansing oil to perform the skin gritting method, which consists of strenuously rubbing the cleansing oil on the face for 15-20 minutes to help lure blackheads, sebum, and dead skin cells out of the hair follicles on the face skin.
Cleansing Oil Benefits
The cleansing oil has significant skincare benefits for all skin types. It helps balance oily skin, moisturise dry skin, and reduce inflammation caused by acne. Cleansing oil will also fight against unwanted bacteria and pathogens to improve your skin's barrier function. Using antioxidants, cleansing oils are highly beneficial to your skin's texture and nature.
Which Active Ingredients to Look for in a Cleansing Oil?
The active ingredient in a cleansing oil depends on the brand and skin type recommendations but generally consists of botanical oils, vitamins, and extracts. They may include grape seed, almond, rose, olive, and safflower. Vitamins include vitamin C or E with green tea and jasmine extracts. These ingredients have healing properties, essential nutrients, and other skin-boosting benefits.
Best Cleansing Oil Guide:
The best cleansing oil guide varies depending on your skin type. In addition, some oil cleansers are unique because they do not require damp skin to apply cleanser. The following step-by-step guide will inform you of the correct method for using cleansing oils:
- Wash your face with a cleansing oil - apply the product on the palm of your hands, massage it into your skin, rinse with lukewarm water, and pat dry with a soft towel
- Apply a restoring facial moisturizer to your face and décolleté
- Replenish your skin by applying face oil such as rosehip oil or lavender oil to your face and décolleté.
- Use a hydrating eye serum for your under eyes.
6 Best Cleansing Oil Brands
The best cleansing oil brands have worked consistently through their research efforts to provide consumers with the most effective and beneficial cleansing oils. The best skincare brands that have succeeded in their efforts in 2022 are listed below:
- Glow Recipe Papaya Enzyme Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm
- Drunk Elephant Slaai Makeup Melting Cleanser
- DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
- Wishful Skin Clean Genie Cleaning Butter
- Khiel's Midnight Recovery Botanical Cleansing Oil
- Beautycounter Countertime Lipid Defense Cleansing Oil